Over the past 12 months, Informa Tech has partnered with the Greater London Authority (GLA) to participate in its Workforce Integration Network (WIN) Design Lab. Coordinated by The Equal Group in collaboration with The Mayor of London, the programme tackles underrepresentation of young Black men in the tech industry.
As part of its continued commitment to championing inclusion and diversity, Informa Tech has publicly shared its GLA WIN Design Lab objectives that aim to enhance recruitment, retention and nurturing of talent to reflect the communities where it operates.
Learn more about the GLA WIN Design Lab diversity programme here.
1. Capturing intersectional I&D data
- Communicate on the why
- Share the results of the data
- Share goals, actions & tailored intervention plans specified for young black men
2. Continue to educate our colleagues
- 12-month training programme for our hiring managers
- eLearning for all colleagues: Modules included: Understanding Race Bias, Inclusive Language & Communication, Cultural Awareness, Unconscious Bias, The Effective Bystander, Inclusive Leadership
- Monthly I&D Digest with roundup of activities; based on our global, cultural awareness calendar
3. Sponsorship programmes
- Provide new and grow existing development programmes dedicated to young black men, e.g. Our Black Colleague Network Reverse/Reciprocal Mentoring programme
- Provide career coaching & Development
- Partner with the Black Business Show to engage and recruit young black males